First Things First - Let's Set the Mood
Updated: Dec 16, 2021
Welcome! I'm M.B., and I'm so glad you're here. This blog will feature many things I love, and we'll also discuss events, settings, and even people who have influenced my work. Think: magic, battlefields, witch trials, literary-inspired cocktails, moody landscapes, playlists, and lots of pretty pictures.
But, first things first, let's make a London Fog. This is one of my favorite drinks to sip on whether I'm sitting on the back porch, writing, or let's be real - doing just about anything. I think you'll enjoy sipping a little something warm while you peruse my site. Oh, and we need music for this too. So let's start with a good playlist, then meet me in the kitchen.
1 cup milk (I use Califia Farms oat milk)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs sweetener (honey or maple syrup are my faves)
1. Steep 1 cup of Earl Grey tea - this is roughly half of a healthy sized mug, if you don't like to measure things out.
2. Heat 1 cup of milk - I heat mine for 2 minutes in the microwave
3. Pour milk into a french press, and mix in the sweetener and vanilla. Froth the milk by pulling the french press handle up and down rapidly (video below).
4. Pour milk into your mug and enjoy!
* A couple of notes:
- I LOVE oat milk in mine, and I'm neurotic about Califia's oat milk - it froths so much better than any of the other brands I've tried (and tastes better, in my humble opinion).
- The better the vanilla you use, the better it'll compliment the tea flavor.
- All of this is great, but the most important factor is the TEA! This is also super tasty with Twinings Irish Breakfast. Find your favorite, and run with it.
P.S. - Please like and comment on any posts you particularly enjoy - that's how I'll determine what to post more/less of!